Soreness and stiffness in muscles is something we all experience every now and then. Tired and achy muscles make you lazy because the pain and the annoying sensation in your muscles do not allow you to be the very energetic you. Leaving all medicines, you can count upon this DIY warm rub to cure your sore muscles.
DIY warm rub ingredients
The warm rub that soothes achy and tired muscles, arthritis pain, nerve pain, and menstrual cramps, you can make it on your own easily, as almost every ingredient you will find in your home.
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 tablespoons cayenne powder
1 1/4 cups finely grated cocoa butter
15 drops peppermint oil
Two teaspoons ginger powder
8 drops clove oil
15 drops eucalyptus oil
1-teaspoon arrowroot powder or cornstarch
You can skip peppermint oil if you want to use it for your children and keep the clove oil quantity low.
Health benefits of these ingredients
- Essential Oils: The essential oils such as the peppermint oil, clove oil, and the eucalyptus oil makes this warm rub super effective. Natural muscle relaxant and painkiller properties are present in peppermint oil, which enables this warm rub to cure soreness and stiffness of muscles. Clove oil and eucalyptus oil also have same properties, which make the rub all the more effective.
- Cayenne Powder: There is this chemical pain transmitter in our body, which cayenne powder reduces, thus, making our muscles less prone to soreness. The Capsaicin is an element in cayenne powder that goes and reduces the amount of the chemical pain transmitter. It also improves blood circulation, so if the improper blood circulation is behind your muscle soreness, cayenne powder would cure it.
- Coconut Oil & Cocoa Butter: These two ingredients in the warm rub helps increase its shelf life. Improved shelf life means you can continue using this homemade rub as long as it is does not finish.
- Ginger Root Powder: Ginger has some superb anti-inflammatory properties and its presence makes this recipe even more effective to cure sore muscles. The soreness one feels is the inflammation in muscles, which ginger effectively eliminates. It also helps reduce swelling is there is any in your muscles and relieve pain.
- Arrowroot/Cornstarch: This warm rub takes a good deal of essential oils in its making, which makes the mixture too oily. To eliminate extra oiliness, you can mix some cornstarch or arrowroot to the mixture that helps take away the extra oil.
To soothe sore muscles one can make an effective lotion or a warm rub at home, using natural ingredients straight from the kitchen.