Acne usually raises many uncomfortable and distracting issues. It could deform your confidence and could be painful, as per its severity. Try out with some over remedies or turn to a dermatologist for help. Also there are many natural and cost- effective solutions like vitamins and supplements for acne.
Before shelling out money to a doctor, learn some of the best vitamins to treat acne:
Top 10 vitamins and supplements for acne
- Vitamin A:
Vitamin A is a well known antioxidant and is highly recommended by dermatologists to the patients suffering from acne problems. Though there are many prescription ointments containing vitamin A, but an oral diet supplement could treat naturally the skin. Vitamin A is known to shed the dead cells from the skin. It is only the dead cells that build pores in skin and create breakouts.
Vitamin A not just prevent the built up of pores, but also reduce inflammation. In case of breakouts, this will help the red, swollen areas of skin. Other than treating acne, Vitamin A develops the immune system, improves vision and enhances the production of RBCs. Eat more vegetables, spinach, fish oils and fruits as they are a great source of vitamin A.
- Zinc: Including zinc in the diet can give you a number of benefits. It improves the immune and reproductive systems and also promotes a good mental health. Zinc is good to have a clear skin. It is an excellent antioxidant and anti- inflammatory agent.
It breaks down a substance P, which is chemical producing sebum in case you are under too much of stress. Excess of sebum produced can cause acne because of which people with tremendous stress usually have breakouts.
- Vitamin C:
For skin treatment after acne breakout, Vitamin C is a powerful remedy. Our body has an essential protein known as collagen. It is found in our muscles and bones and balances the cell structure. With the increasing age, the production of collagen decrease and cause skin loosening. Vitamin C causes skin treatment with the production of collagen and promotes clear skin. It helps in skin rejuvenation and is known to be anti- inflammatory.
- Selenium: Selenium mineral maintains the level of all other anti- oxidants in the skin, like zinc, in the system. Our body has an enzyme known as glutathione which prevents the inflammation caused by acne. The working of this enzyme depends on selenium.
A person frequently facing acne often has low level of selenium and should take supplements for acne in order to fight with inflammation. It could help in improving even the most serious disorders like eczema and psoriasis.
Similar to selenium, magnesium also improves glutathione levels in the skin. This will reduce the inflammatory effects of acne and treat the skin naturally. Magnesium directly fights with acne which is caused due to stress.
It reduces cortisol levels which are known as a stress hormone. Incorporating a daily supplements of magnesium can be defensive against stress and can clear up your skin well. Magnesium also promotes a healthy sleep. It enhances the levels of both serotonin and melatonin. Healthy sleep can improve the overall mood and is necessary for managing stress levels.
- Omega 3: Omega 3 is fatty acid having natural anti- inflammatory properties. If used against acne, it releases two most important chemicals called LTB4 and PGE2. Omega 3 reduces the amount of inflammation caused by acne. Grab seafood or fish oil supplements like mackerel or salmon. Omega 3 is also recommended to the patients of arthritis, heart diseases and diabetes.
- Vitamin E:
Another important mineral for a clearer skin is Vitamin E. Vitamin E is known as a defender and opens up the clogged pores of the skin. It could neutralise the radicals which damage the skin and hydrate the skin without causing any further clogging of pores.
Using Vitamin E oils can treat pimples and reduce the appearance of old scars on skin. The daily supplement of Vitamin E could protect your skin. You can get Vitamin E from foods like spinach, kale, avocado and almonds.
- Probiotics: Probiotics actually provide some of the greatest benefits to acne prone skin. They promote the growth of good and healthy bacteria. This will balance up your gut and utilize the nutrients present in the food you eat, in return of which skin irritation is reduced.
- Krill oil:
Krill oil is extracted from crustacean species and contains omega 3 acid along with astaxanthin antioxidant. Krill oil contains fats that built up a healthy skin membrane, reducing swelling and inflammation in the deeper layers of skin. Astaxanthin fight against free radicals to prevent sun damage.
- Vitamin B complex: B complex contains a group of nutrients like B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9 and B12. They covert fats, proteins and carbohydrates into energy and promote easy digestion. This full spectrum of Vitamin B is needed to promote the integrity of liver, eyes, hair and skin.