If you are amongst those women who are approaching 50 years of age, it is essential that you take care for your health if you have not done it earlier. You have been spending almost all your time for your family and kids and helping them to grow up. You have been important for your family and will always remain to be. Hence, it is for the betterment of all that you need to more vigilant about your health and wellness.
With increasing age there are certain factors that can have effect on your health. By being aware of those factors and getting checked regularly can make a lot of difference. It can help in prevention of some illnesses or early intervention in some cases can even impede the health problem. It is important that you talk to your physician and plan for regular screenings, preventive medicines and the required nutritional supplements.
Tips for you
Some of the staying healthy tips that you can follow are:
- Screenings for certain illness is a must by the age of 50 years.
- Some of the major diseases that can be detected early by regular screening are breast cancer, cervical cancer, colorectal cancer and other gynecological disorders.
- Lifestyle disorders that can easily affect even women like high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, heart disease can be detected by timely evaluations for the experts.
- Menopausal complaints, osteoporosis, arthritis, depression or anxiety also needs to be considered while getting evaluated during the screening programs.
- A thorough evaluation from a physician and its correlation with your complaints can help to diagnose the possibility of nutritional deficiencies.
- Certain nutrients like, essential vitamins, vitamin D, vitamin B complex or calcium, iron and some other minerals can be deficient in your case and can cause health problems.
- Supplementing the nutrients you are deficient in will help in every way and help you lead a healthy life.
- Just like medicines, there are preventive medicines like hormone therapy or vaccines that can be taken in the absence of an illness.
- They are actually meant to prevent the occurrence of the illnesses for e.g., influenza vaccine, pneumonia vaccine, etc.
- The appropriate vaccines can be discussed with your physicians.
Health and wellness
- Maintain a healthy weight, eat balance meals and exercise regularly as per your health condition.
- Make healthy food choices and avoid smoking or drinking alcohol.